Qualifications & Admissions
- Bachelor of Law (2nd Upper Division Honours) National University of Singapore (1992) on Singapore Press Holdings Group Scholarship
- Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore (1993)
- LL.M (Merit) University College London (1995)
- Life Member of Convocation of University of London (1995)
- Commissioner for Oaths (since 2014)
- Notary Public (since 2014)
- Member, Inquiry Panel (since 2022)
Areas of Practice
Liang Kok has been doing solicitor’s work for local and foreign clientele, and across borders, since 1992. He has oversight of his Firm’s Corporate, Banking & Finance Department which also consists of the following practice groups – Corporate Governance & Services, Mergers & Acquisitions, Technology & e-Commerce and Knowledge Management.
Liang Kok acts regularly for banks and financial institutions both local and foreign, and continues to be involved in the latest variety of loan, structured and specialty finance, distressed trade transactions, debt restructurings and rescheduling, documentation and instruments.
Liang Kok has been invited to give seminars organized by DocCredits, Enterprise Promotion Centres, Franchising & Licensing Asia, local and foreign Financial Institutions, Singapore Institute of Management, and Singapore Polytechnic Graduates Guild, on wide-ranging topics such as Start-Up Business Ventures, Company Directors’ Duties and Liabilities, Negotiating and Drafting Joint Venture Contracts, Introduction to Agency, Distributorship, Licence & Franchise, APLMA Loan, Insolvency, Debt Restructuring & Corporate Rescue Regime, and Legal Aspects of Structured Trade Finance. He has also participated in the Legal Case Studies course at the National University of Singapore.
Liang Kok is a Director of Assurance (S) Private Trust Pte. Ltd., Bis Data (S) Pte. Ltd., Bron Holding Global Pte. Ltd., Crown Acquisitions Pte. Ltd., Global Blue India Holding Company Pte. Ltd., India Light & Power Pte. Ltd., Iovis International Investment Pte. Ltd., Nusajaya Ritz Indonesia Pte. Ltd., PSM Property Holding Private Limited, and Company Secretary of CSDC Private Limited, Emerging Markets Group Holding Pte. Ltd., Emerging Markets Investments Advisers Pte. Ltd., Emerging Markets Investment Holdings Pte. Ltd., Hoya Holdings Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, IMR Test Labs – Singapore Pte. Ltd., Iovis International Investment Pte. Ltd., MBE Technology Pte Ltd, Paya Lebar Central Partnership Limited and Penguin Random House SEA Pte. Ltd. and The Gallup Organization (Singapore) Pte Ltd.
- Shaping an attractive financial services industry, Wong Liang Kok and Tshering Bhutia, IFLR 1000, 2010 edition
- Perspectives in a changing legal landscape, April 2011, Singapore Business Review
- TPC Law strengthens tax law practice, January 2018, Singapore Business Review
- Residual property: What happens when a home is left out of a will, Wong Liang Kok and Linus Lin, 11 December 2018, 99. Co Property News
- Establishing a financial institution in Singapore, Wong Liang Kok and Sim Lin Piah, 1 April 2019, Thomson Reuters Practical Law
- TPC Law explains how the new Payment Services Act will affect fintech firms, 12 May 2020, Singapore Business Review
- Establishing a business in Singapore, Wong Liang Kok and Sim Lin Piah, 1 August 2020, Thomson Reuters Practical Law
May be made available on request.